We are qualified to provide financial information and assistance to people going through a divorce. Divorce Financial Planning can help determine both the short-term and long-term financial impact of a proposed divorce settlement and help devise alternative settlement proposals. By examining and analyzing the financial issues of a divorce, we provide our clients and their lawyers with data to help strengthen their case. By adding David Kobylar, CPA, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA™, ), your team will include someone who is skilled in analyzing and providing expertise related to the tax and financial issues of divorce.
The use of a CDFA™ may even decrease the total cost of your divorce by reducing the amount of time and expense of different proposed legal settlements going between attorneys. A CDFA™ is responsible for:
• Identifying the short-term and long-term effects of dividing property.
• Integrating tax issues.
• Analyzing pension and retirement plan issues.
• Determining if the client can afford the matrimonial home – and if not, what might be an affordable alternative.
• Evaluating the client’s insurance needs.
• Establishing assumptions for projecting inflation and rates of return.
• Bringing an innovative and creative approach to settling cases.
When dividing marital assets, not all assets are treated equal. Which “half” you receive can have very different after-tax effects; do you know which “half” is better?
Let a specialist in Divorce Financial Planning in New York help.